KOM OMBO TEMPLE (Sobek & Haroeris)
- Kom Ombo is an Egyptian city located about 30 miles north to Aswan in Upper Egypt.
- The Temple known as Kom Ombo was built by the Greek King Ptolemy VI, but actually each other Ptolemy who ascended the throne of Egypt make renovations and additions to this temple.
- This temple is actually two temples consisting of a Temple to Sobek and a Temple of Haroeris.
- The left or northern side is dedicated to Haroeris who was the falcon headed sky god and the right to Sobek the corcodile headed god.
- Everything is duplicated along the main axis. There are two entrances, two courts, two colonades, two hypostyle halls and two sanctuaries. There were most likely even two sets of priests.
- The whole temple is built over some kind of a hill overlooking the Nile, so any visitor will sure be taken if not by the one of a kind Egyptian temple!!!!! So by the breath taking view.